Found Sandberg TSBS Neck

Feedback from sales, stolen goods, dodgy sellers etc...
BazzBass

Re: Lost Sandberg TSBS Neck :((((

Post by BazzBass » 04 Oct 2019, 12:45

hmmmm surely in this day and age, with competition from couriers,officeworks etc, Aus Post can see the light and ship basses in one piece ....... what a stupid arbitrary rule.
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs, Yamaha DTX drums
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P,J&J Fretless,Hofner B Bass,Mike Dirnt P, SX J
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

Lucasade

Post by Lucasade » 04 Oct 2019, 13:00

BazzBass wrote:
04 Oct 2019, 12:45
hmmmm surely in this day and age, with competition from couriers,officeworks etc, Aus Post can see the light and ship basses in one piece ....... what a stupid arbitrary rule.
Well, I DID offer to pay more to use a courier....

Lucasade

Post by Lucasade » 07 Oct 2019, 13:08

*** 07/10/2019 update - still no further information but Australia post has been really helpful. If nothing again tomorrow I'll be filing an insurance claim through them on Wednesday to start the process of trying to get my money back while I wait for them to try and find it. Luckily insurance was added onto the shipping so I can recoup my losses but preferably I'm still hopeful it can be found as even if I get my money back the body is mostly useless by itself.

For anyone with lost parcels, the lost and found center at Australia post opens all parcels and takes photos of them so if my neck does turn up it'll be very easy to identify. As it's doubtful any information was added to the box with the neck I'll hopeful it'll turn up there.

In the meantime I'll keep practicing on my acoustic guitar haha.

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 07 Oct 2019, 13:33

dang when I saw there was an update I was hoping they'd found it.

if they can find tiny amounts of drugs amongst all the other mail that goes through them there is hope they'll find a big bass neck lol
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs, Yamaha DTX drums
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P,J&J Fretless,Hofner B Bass,Mike Dirnt P, SX J

basshack

Post by basshack » 07 Oct 2019, 13:42

Doesn’t help you but my parcel arrived on Sunday. Looks like it went to next door. AP could tell me that it got put in a mail box in a brick wall.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

Lucasade

Re: (Found?) Sandberg TSBS Neck...

Post by Lucasade » 09 Oct 2019, 14:18

Called yesterday. They got a package Monday afternoon that matched my description (bass/guitar neck with no markings or address on the box). Gave them a very detailed description and...it's been mailed out today with tracking! Should get it tomorrow.

Now, I don't know 100% that it's the right neck...I could get the neck from a different bass or even a guitar but I gave them a very detailed description including the bright yellow colour on the headstock, so assuming they follow the description accurately and given the timing of when they received it, it's extremely likely they found it and it's coming to me.

Fingers crossed there's no damage etc but looks like this problem is solved in the end!

david1234

Post by david1234 » 09 Oct 2019, 14:31

(phew!)
:yep
O===
/ \

Endorsing artist: Warwick basses, Fender/SWR.

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 09 Oct 2019, 15:53

that IS promising , here's hoping

funky1

Post by funky1 » 09 Oct 2019, 17:33

Hey my friend

I miss that Bass myself, I sold it to a local Bassist in Newcastle when I had to raise funds for my home reno.

I've literally been thinking about that Bass the last couple of days.

I hope it turns up 4 u.

- Klaye -

basshack

Post by basshack » 09 Oct 2019, 18:33

:hyper: Sweet!
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>