Why did I stop playing this Bass?

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
Phatbass

Why did I stop playing this Bass?

Post by Phatbass » 12 Dec 2017, 00:17

I'm sure many of us have a Bass that for whatever reason (or even no reason) we haven't played for a while, and when we drag it out we wonder why the heck we stopped using it. I have a couple, and the reason is usually the sexy new Bass we got that became a habit.

Last Sunday I dragged out my old Franken-P for a gig at the Indi Bar and was blown away yet again by how fat and solid it sounded. Filled the stage and still cut through without stomping all over everything.

Now I'm scared to unearth my '82 Hamer Cruisebass. My first pro instrument and another monster that hasn't been unleashed live for a few years.

Oh well; first world problems.
Phatbass

"Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

BazzBass

Re: Why did I stop playing this Bass?

Post by BazzBass » 12 Dec 2017, 01:16

I guess that's why we have more than one bass, more then 4 actually hehe

to keep rediscovering them.

Forget basses, I'm going through that with strings. My new discovery is flats, recent convert, love flats on my jazz. Picked up my other jazz today, the one with rounds, to go thru an old cover, Hanging Around by the Stranglers, dime the tone knob,engage OD on my Ampeg SCR DI and man, I love a Jazz with rounds.
No, wait, I love a Jazz with flats.....and a P with rounds and.....
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts