Hipshot's awesome Customer Service

Feedback from sales, stolen goods, dodgy sellers etc...
BazzBass

Hipshot's awesome Customer Service

Post by BazzBass » 28 Dec 2016, 16:22

I bought a Hipshot Vintage bass bridge, used, off here over a year ago.

The seller had lost the saddle height adjustment allen key and fully disclosed this in the FS thread.

It turns out this key is teensy tiny, none of my keys fit. :shrug:

So I emailed Hipshot support yesterday, expecting to wait a few days for their response.

Well, they replied today saying they will send me some spare keys.

How freekin good is that?

Good Onya Hipshot :clap:

btw it is 0.050 of an inch !
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs, Yamaha DTX drums
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P,J&J Fretless,Hofner B Bass,Mike Dirnt P, SX J
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

narcdor

Re: Hipshot's awesome Customer Service

Post by narcdor » 28 Dec 2016, 17:38

I had a similar experience with a detuner that wasn't lining up quite right, sorted me out not a problem, didn't care it was second hand when I got it. Highly recommend them!
Strings: Fender, Narcdor, Framus, MusicMan
Knobs: Aguilar, MarkBass
Cones: Barefaced, Baer
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 28 Dec 2016, 20:18

yes I too told them I bought it used, great service

EDIT: Jason just advised he sent them off, no charge ! :hyper:

I have an extender on one bass, think I might buy a couple more :)
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs, Yamaha DTX drums
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P,J&J Fretless,Hofner B Bass,Mike Dirnt P, SX J
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

Slapfest62

Post by Slapfest62 » 29 Dec 2018, 13:52

me 3 . . . some grub screws fell out . . the dude sent me replacement everything that mooves . . springs and all screws . . ., and to think Sire wanted $50 for a bridge part!

jumpin jimmy

Post by jumpin jimmy » 30 Dec 2018, 17:13

HipShot customer service 2nd to none I had lost a grub screw which locks down the saddle on an A type bridge Jason sent me 6 and an allen key All foc including postage Can not get any better than that

pete

Post by pete » 05 Jan 2019, 20:29

Many years ago, I enquired about buying a tapered string post for a D-tuner, to suit my Musicman Stingray. Being in a pre-Paypal era, it was difficult managing the payment, and even though I was offering to send them cash, they made it sure it arrived to me free of charge. It was not like a warranty replacement, just me being pedantic, not wanting the parallel Fender-type post. Needless to say, all of my aftermarket parts purchases have been Hipshot where possible.

rev matt

Post by rev matt » 07 Jan 2019, 12:18

yes, the original extender on my Corvette $$ was a little short in the post as warwick headstocks are a little thicker than a lot of basses. After a bit of digging, Matt from saltmine managed to find that they had made one with a longer post, so I had the oneo n my corvette replaced and fitted one to my fretless thumbass. Great gear.
Having fun is half the fun- Warwick Corvette $$ 4- Cort acoustic 4 - no name ebay special 5 (now fretless), Kala spruce fretless Ubass, Washburn M-3SWS mandolin , Ashbory and a 2001 LTD edition Warwick Thumb Fretless 4.