Woo hoo! My IEM rig is finished!

Techniques, Instruction, Live Sound, Recording Equipment, GTG's etc...
paulie

Re: Woo hoo! My IEM rig is finished!

Post by paulie » 11 Oct 2011, 10:08

no worries Steve. Just keep enjoying it all... I bought Grant's old WT800B, I suspect the 610 would be great with it...

paulie
Fender PBass Special/Squier VM Fretless
/Eden WT330/D212XLT4

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 11 Oct 2011, 12:48

The 610 is amazing - I just don't get to use it enough. The problem with selling gear when you are married with kids when you are not buying another piece of gear straight away is that if the money makes it back into the family coffers it is gone forever. Memories become vague when 6 months later you want to buy something else.

These days I hold onto everything until I want something else so this situation is avoided!!!
Gear:Fender I Quilter I Berg I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses: Fender I Gibson I Musicman I Warmoth l Squier I Aria Pro II

Bands: Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 11 Oct 2011, 13:18

Rocksolid wrote:The 610 is amazing - I just don't get to use it enough. The problem with selling gear when you are married with kids when you are not buying another piece of gear straight away is that if the money makes it back into the family coffers it is gone forever. Memories become vague when 6 months later you want to buy something else.

These days I hold onto everything until I want something else so this situation is avoided!!!
I feel your pain. That's exactly how it works for me, as well.
It took me 8 years to get another rig close to the one I had in the states and even now it's still
missing a 2nd cab (which I don't need at the moment).
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

paulie

Post by paulie » 12 Oct 2011, 07:26

yep, just sold my 115 and so far the $ have gone on groceries, wife's birthday, daughter's swimming lessons... still, all good causes...

paulie

could be interested in that 610 one day though Steve...
Fender PBass Special/Squier VM Fretless
/Eden WT330/D212XLT4

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 22 Oct 2011, 08:56

So what's the verdict on compression on IEM's re: wired vs unwired?

Pete says if there's comp built in then you don't need any extra. But if it's not built in, then what are the different units to add where's the best place to put it in the signal chain?

Other than using volume knob on the pack itself, how can I stop the loud pops I get when I plug my ears into the hardwired pack - add a mute switch on pack? I normally have IEM's already inserted in my ears off stage to minimise stage fussing around.
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 26 Oct 2011, 11:22

The Compression should be exactly the same on wired and unwired.

I'm pretty sure there is limiting on most IEM's - but I would rather have Compression in the chain that I am in control of and that I can see the ratio and if it is hitting the threshold.

With my current setup the Compressor is the last thing in the chain b4 my IEM transmitter. If I was using hard wired I think I would be putting the compressor on the FOH feed into my rolls as I would want to to take the feed out of the Rolls straight to my Earbuds. My Bass signal is already compressed so that is all cool as far as safety goes.

Re the loud pops - if you are choosing to plug your buds into something that is already live then that is what will happen. Like you say - use the volume knob or on off switch as that is one of the key functions...
Gear:Fender I Quilter I Berg I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

D2Maklin

Post by D2Maklin » 06 Dec 2018, 22:51

BassLine wrote:
19 Jul 2011, 00:59
Impressed :)

I'm wanting to put together a simpler hardwired iem system, but it has to have good compression/limiter for ear protection. Any suggestions? (I might start another thread if I need to, but I'm wanting to know specifically how much difference there would be between it and your rig re: sound quality/ amount of gear/size in RU's/weight/cost/etc.)
So you are using IEMs AND a powered wedge?

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 07 Dec 2018, 07:48

D2Maklin wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 22:51
BassLine wrote:
19 Jul 2011, 00:59
Impressed :)

I'm wanting to put together a simpler hardwired iem system, but it has to have good compression/limiter for ear protection. Any suggestions? (I might start another thread if I need to, but I'm wanting to know specifically how much difference there would be between it and your rig re: sound quality/ amount of gear/size in RU's/weight/cost/etc.)
So you are using IEMs AND a powered wedge?
My IEM rig has changed plenty since this thread 7 years ago, but yes, I was using a powered wedge and IEM.
The whole band isn't on IEM, so I need bass signal on stage for them

bobbybdazzler

Post by bobbybdazzler » 08 Dec 2018, 16:57

Steve, show us your latest set up. I’m about to head down this path and would love to see what works for you.
Spector Euro5, Elmo ARB5, Eppi Thunderbird, Czech Bouble Bass
Mesa, Ampeg, Aguilar, Eden, TC Electronics, Orange, Genz Benz, GK, Trace, Line6, Golden Tone.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glitter-G ... 1390275343

absolutlytonedeaf

Post by absolutlytonedeaf » 08 Dec 2018, 22:16

bobbybdazzler wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 16:57
Steve, show us your latest set up. I’m about to head down this path and would love to see what works for you.
yeah Im with Dave, Id like to know what if anything you are running with the IEMs.
Ive been using IEMs for 12 mths and would like to make the bass a bit more prominent in the mix ,and by that I dont mean just cranking the volume .
also getting the right amout of kick in the mix as well ;)

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 09 Dec 2018, 01:11

Leave it with me guys, I've got a crazy week or so. I'll dig up photos etc.