Where to obtain a Graphite neck in Aus?

Building, Modding, Setup and Repair
Post Reply
GTPThomas
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 17:14

Where to obtain a Graphite neck in Aus?

Post by GTPThomas » 18 Aug 2019, 19:50

Hi all!

Was planning on revamping a current bass or straight up getting one built. The build would be based around a Lane Poor pickup seen in the Modulus Funk but I’d like to try throwing a Graphite neck on it but it seems the only place I could really get one is from Status-Graphite. Are there any places in Aus I can get one?

Thanks all!

User avatar
blizzard
Posts: 814
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 23:03
Location: Brisbane

Re: Where to obtain a Graphite neck in Aus?

Post by blizzard » 18 Aug 2019, 21:10

I don't know if any Australian sellers of graphite necks. Moses Graphite is probably the other big aftermarket graphite neck maker.

Edit: looks like Moses Graphite doesn't make necks anymore.

User avatar
slowlearner
Posts: 6008
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 14:30
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Where to obtain a Graphite neck in Aus?

Post by slowlearner » 20 Aug 2019, 23:34

The only place I know that makes them is status. You could talk to a local composite products company but my guess is that will be even more expensive than a status neck. Your other alternative is having a wooden neck built with multiple graphite rods. Cheaper and nearly the same in terms of performance.
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."
My Band - https://www.facebook.com/PBT-1914426202220972/

jimmyjam
Posts: 317
Joined: 18 Oct 2009, 10:26
Location: "Fat Cat City" AKA Canberra

Re: Where to obtain a Graphite neck in Aus?

Post by jimmyjam » 21 Aug 2019, 07:26

Geoff Gould could be worth talking to.
"I play bass, most kinds!"

GTPThomas
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 17:14

Re: Where to obtain a Graphite neck in Aus?

Post by GTPThomas » 22 Aug 2019, 02:14

Thanks for the responses @blizzard, @slowlearner and @jimmyjam!
jimmyjam wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 07:26
Geoff Gould could be worth talking to.
I’ll see if I can find them! I’ll chuck them a message.

Slapfest62
Posts: 188
Joined: 03 Apr 2016, 02:35

Re: Where to obtain a Graphite neck in Aus?

Post by Slapfest62 » 22 Aug 2019, 16:54

GTPThomas I've only ever seen some very cheap Moses necks on Ebay US and the Status ones are available in England and are quite good, I've heard. (And can't say I blame you about building around the Lane Poor's) - I had a set of his JJ's in my Monarch Elite, and even the guy that I bought it off in 1999 is still trying to buy it back from me , just to get those LP's back . .,all the best with it :). .

GTPThomas
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 17:14

Re: Where to obtain a Graphite neck in Aus?

Post by GTPThomas » 25 Aug 2019, 02:15

Slapfest62 wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 16:54
GTPThomas I've only ever seen some very cheap Moses necks on Ebay US and the Status ones are available in England and are quite good, I've heard. (And can't say I blame you about building around the Lane Poor's) - I had a set of his JJ's in my Monarch Elite, and even the guy that I bought it off in 1999 is still trying to buy it back from me , just to get those LP's back . .,all the best with it :). .
Might have to give in and get one of those! Unless something with a Graphite neck pops up for a challenging price which i highly doubt.

But yeah that LP pickup wouldbe truly thumping with a graphite neck. I was thinking potentially mod out my Sterling Ray34 with the graphite neck, a pre amp and the pickup but just a thought.

Rogdogz
Posts: 85
Joined: 12 May 2017, 20:49

Re: Where to obtain a Graphite neck in Aus?

Post by Rogdogz » 29 Aug 2019, 07:23

I'm probably going to put up a Fender AM Standard Jazz Bass that has a modulus graphite neck fitted over the next few days if anyone may be interested.

GTPThomas
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 17:14

Re: Where to obtain a Graphite neck in Aus?

Post by GTPThomas » 31 Aug 2019, 12:11

Rogdogz wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 07:23
I'm probably going to put up a Fender AM Standard Jazz Bass that has a modulus graphite neck fitted over the next few days if anyone may be interested.
Oh boy... I would be more interested but I doubt I’d have the funds for one. (Let alone the space, a guitar addiction can get pretty spacious!)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest