Dynagrip CA at Aldi...

Building, Modding, Setup and Repair
bassbass

Dynagrip CA at Aldi...

Post by bassbass » 09 Jul 2019, 15:22

Hi all, just noticed that Aldi are currently selling 20g bottles of "Hobby Glue", thin, medium and thick CA.

It's made in the USA by Dynagrip. This is a pretty well known brand. Supercheap have a few of their adhesives products.

It's well priced. IIRC approx 7 bucks.

Have grabbed a bottle of medium to try because Bunnings no longer sell the 20g bottles of sika F40.

If you decide to stock up, I'd recommend storing it in the fridge...

Cheers!
PROJECT BEROCCA (On YT)
fb/robkiddmusicofficial
robkiddmusic.com

petersemple

Re: Dynagrip CA at Aldi...

Post by petersemple » 09 Jul 2019, 15:25

Do you know what the tip is like? I currently use Mercury because the tip and lid are designed so that it doesn't clog up and I find I get a lot more life out of it that way. I pay way more than $7 for it though.
Basses: Wasburn Status 4, Fretless 4 made from parts, Fretted through neck 5 made by me
Amp: Eminar bass 400 into home made cab with JBL 15"

basshack

Post by basshack » 09 Jul 2019, 15:26

Thanks Robb I'll stop by my local Aldi and see what they have left.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

drbass

Post by drbass » 09 Jul 2019, 15:57

I normally get 6 individual tubes of 3 ml each from Kmart for $2. Not a massive deal if one of them clogs up.
The viscosity is pretty low (i.e. flows very easily and penetrates nicely into porous timber.

Regards,
Michael
Stuff ...

bassbass

Post by bassbass » 09 Jul 2019, 18:27

Yeah the tip is pretty good. Similar to the F40, but more chunky. Two threads, the bottle, and the tip. And the very tip is a good deal smaller in diameter than the inner daimeter of the cap. Plus it has a metal pin in the cap. Should be OK I reckon.

TBH, I rarely use CA straight from the bottle. I usually put it in a little lid or tray of some sort and then use a toothpick to apply it. More control/less risk this way.

I was particularly interested in the thin stuff, I don't use it that often, but it's handy. But I just bought a new bottle of zap.
PROJECT BEROCCA (On YT)
fb/robkiddmusicofficial
robkiddmusic.com

petersemple

Post by petersemple » 09 Jul 2019, 19:59

Not bass related at all, but I use medium a fair bit as a finish on the lathe. On a small turning 12 coats is quick to apply and dry and polishes up to a very high gloss. Control isn't really necessary, splash that stuff around :-)
Basses: Wasburn Status 4, Fretless 4 made from parts, Fretted through neck 5 made by me
Amp: Eminar bass 400 into home made cab with JBL 15"